Students need to be at their designated bus stop at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled arrival of the bus. Drivers will not honk horn, or wait, as it makes subsequent stops late.
A written request from parents and approval from the building principal are required before a student may be admitted or discharged at a stop other than his or her assigned stop, or ride a bus other than his or her regular assigned route.
FOR PASSENGER SAFETY THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE IN ENFORCED:
- COMPLY WITH THE DRIVER’S DIRECTIVES PROMPTLY AND AGREEABLY.
- for passenger safety REMAIN SEATED AND FACING FORWARD IN SEAT UNTIL HE/SHE EXITS THE BUS. Seats may be assigned by driver.
- REMAIN SEATED until the bus has come to a complete stop.
- KEEP THE AISLE CLEAR at all times. Keep all toys, school material, sport’s equipment, band instruments, etc., in tote bags and/or cases, which can be contained on your lap. Please do not bring skateboards or sleds onto any bus. (roll-up sleds are permitted.)
- NO EATING AND/OR DRINKING
- NO SPITTING
- Please talk QUIETLY to others near you, unless the driver requests a response.
- for the safety of all passengers, TALKING IS PROHIBITED AT RAILROAD CROSSINGS/BUSY TRAFFIC INTERSECTIONS.
- REQUEST PERMISSION BEFORE OPENING A WINDOW & CLOSE any windows you may have opened. (REAR WINDOWS MUST REMAIN CLOSED AT ALL TIMES)
- DO NOT THROW any object on the bus or out the windows.
- PICK UP TRASH to help keep the bus clean.
- NO PROFANITY
- NO HITTING, NO KICKING, NO HORSEPLAY, respect each other’s space.
Crossing the Road Safety Tips